Coaching for Success
Coaching for Success provides FAS faculty with professional coaching support to help them achieve a targeted ambition related to their scholarly work at Yale.
Coaching may be requested either to improve certain skills or to learn new skills that require focused support to cultivate. Past participants have received coaching for a range of endeavors, including:
- Balancing administrative and academic responsibilities in light of a new leadership role
- Effectively managing a laboratory or working group
- Training in a specialized program or technique
- Goal-setting and career planning
- Managing time effectively
- Developing leadership skills, including lab/working group management, conflict resolution and communication, etc.
- Overcoming roadblocks in writing and research
We encourage applicants to think broadly and creatively about the how coaching might support their endeavors. Successful applicants will clearly articulate how coaching will support their work at Yale. Those selected for the program will be paired with a professional coach with relevant experience and expertise.
Applications welcome from:
- any ladder faculty member with a primary or fully joint appointment in an FAS department or program, or
- any instructional (non-ladder) faculty member with a primary or fully joint full-time multi-year non-visiting appointment in an FAS department or program or the MacMillan Center.
Application Process for Fall 2020
To apply for Coaching for Success for Fall 2020, please submit an application via this webform by September 28, 2020.