Faculty Retirement Tributes (2020)
Thirteen faculty retired from the FAS in 2019-2020. As is tradition in the FAS, at the final Yale College Faculty Meeting of the academic year, Dean Tamar Gendler read tributes to retiring faculty, reognizing their long-time service to the university. While this is typically an occasion to gather in person and celebrate our accomplished FAS colleagues, this year’s meeting took place remotely. Once we are able to gather again, we look forward to gathering and saluting the 2019-2020 retirees in person.
Congratulations to the 2019-2020 FAS retirees:
- Seyla Benhabib, Eugene Meyer Professor of Political Science and Philosophy
- Truman Bewley, Alfred Cowles Professor of Economics
- Thomas H. Brown, Professor of Psychology, Professor of Cellular and Molecular Physiology
- John F. Dovidio, Carl Iver Hovland Professor of Psychology and Public Health
- Edwin Duval, Henri Peyre Professor of French
- Phyllis Granoff, Lex Hixon Professor of Religious Studies
- Inderpal Grewal, Professor of Women’s Gender, and Sexuality Studies
- James Hepokoski, Henry L. and Lucy G. Moses Professor of Music
- Marianne LaFrance, Professor of Psychology and of Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
- Peter Phillips, Sterling Professor of Economics and Professor of Statistics
- Sandra Sanneh, Senior Lector II, African Languages
- Ronald B. Smith, Damon Wells Professor of Geology and Geophysics
- Robert R. Wilson, Hoober Professor of Religious Studies, Professor of Old Testament, Yale Divinity School
Retiree tributes are also available as a PDF booklet.
Special thanks to Penelope Laurans, tribute editor.