[Summary: This message outlines resources that are available to support faculty well-being.]
To: FAS Faculty
Cc: FAS Steering, FAS Dean’s Office
Dear FAS Faculty,
With deep gratitude for your extraordinary efforts this semester, which have enabled our students to continue learning in this incredibly disruptive time, I write to remind you of Yale resources that are available to support your own well-being.
Scholars as Leaders; Scholars as Learners programs have been developed or expanded to respond to the challenges of the current climate, including:
- Coaching for Success: 1-on-1 coaching to support eligible faculty in achieving research and teaching-related goals, including support navigating times of disruption
- Virtual Writing Retreats: regular online convenings of eligible faculty dedicated to cultivating community and creating sustainable writing and research practices
- Additional group coaching opportunities and workshops will be announced shortly. Please reach out to Alexandra Apolloni at email@example.com with suggestions for further workshops or programs that would help to sustain and support your work.
Well-being resources available through Yale’s Worklife program include:
- Counseling and support services through the Yale Employee Assistance Program
- Virtual meditation sessions, movement workshops, and other sessions through Being Well at Yale
- COVID-19 wellness resources
Thank you again for all that you do for the FAS.
Be safe, be well,
Tamar Szabó Gendler
Dean, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Vincent J. Scully Professor of Philosophy
Professor of Psychology and Cognitive Science